My younger self is mad at me right now because words can hurt. Sure, there are fun words like “Happy birthday,” “Merry Christmas,” and “The Publisher’s Clearinghouse van is in front of the house.” They don’t hurt, but “back-to-school” is another matter entirely. Here I am, while the weather is hot and school still a month away, saying those words. I apologize to my young self, but the grownups are talking now, and they need deals. Back to school is an expensive time of year, so Gildshire Magazines is here to help. These are the Top Seven best deals we found for this time of year. Some of them are online and some in-store, but don’t delay. Find the closest retailer near you.
1. Ow Lee Raven Sport Noise Isolating Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds: Whether going to or from school or training hard during school, the tunes must be heard, and the noise must be canceled. Who can afford $350 for noise canceling headphones? These are the best noise isolating ear buds we’ve found and they are $20 bucks off retail. That’s noise we don’t want to cancel. Available from GetGadgetDeals. Supplies are limited.
2. High Sierra Access Laptop Backpack: Available from eBags, these back to school backpacks are $44.99, and that’s a whopping $70 off the retail price. They keep the laptop separate and safe, all the while holding everything else in place like a boss! They come in ten different colors. We like them all (except for the one far right and second row. We think that one looks a little weird.)
3. Texas Instruments TI-30 Scientific Calculator: It’s kind of amazing how these have come down in price. Not long ago they retailed for $75 and more. Now they are on sale at Wal-Mart for $12.97. That’s half price, and even a better deal if you bought one 25 years ago, and remember how much that baby cost. Hey, there’s some good news. Geniuses are easier to raise than ever before!
4. Microsoft Surface 3 Touchscreen Tablet With 4GB RAM + Acesori A. Bluetooth Earbuds: That’s a mouthful, for sure, but this may be the best deal of the bunch. This particular unit retails for almost $550 and they are on sale for $350. Such a deal! The Surface 3 features a 10.8-inch Full HD display, a quad-core Intel Atom processor, 4GB RAM with either 64 GB or 128GB storage. The 128 GB storage costs an extra $100. It all comes with Windows 10 Professional installed, along with an 8MP rear-facing camera with autofocus and 1080p video recording. The tablet also has a 3.5MP front-facing camera, a microphone, and stereo speakers with Dolby audio.
It all comes with Windows 10 Professional installed, along with an 8MP rear-facing camera with autofocus and 1080p video recording. It also has a 3.5MP front-facing camera, a microphone, and stereo speakers with Dolby audio. The buds are aluminum housed in a very compact and form fitting design. They’re completely wireless, as well as featuring the newest Bluetooth 4.1 technology. Don’t expect these to last, at least not at this low price. Find them at discountdigger.com.
5. GoGroove Digital Alarm Clock Wood Speaker: While the Surface Tablet above may be the best buy on the page, we like the wooden clock for its uniqueness and conversation piece potential. It looks like a simple, rectangular, block of wood, sitting on the nightstand and minding its own business. Integrated, though, is an alarm clock and music machine. It connects wirelessly to your devices (doesn’t everything nowadays), playing what you like from 30 feet away. The integrated microphone is perfect for taking phone calls, conference calls at the office, by the bedside, or simply from across the room. These are a solid back to school buy at $50. Available at Amazon.
6. Brooks Addiction 12 Running Shoes: We all know we should get more exercise. One of the keys is having the proper footwear. The Brooks Addiction 12 is one of the finest shoes in the running market and are on sale for 90 bucks at Zappos. It features lightweight, breathable, moisture-managing Element mesh uppers with durable synthetic overlays. It has an internal support saddle, along with a padded tongue and collar. The Textile Element lining wicks moisture away from the skin to keep feet feeling cooler and drier. This is the next generation of the popular, and top-selling, Addiction 11.
Those are the best deals we found, so you can tell my younger self to take his fingers out of his ears and stop saying, “Lalalala.” Back to school is almost here but you don’t need to torture him with it.