Skincare for Teenagers
Are you in your teens and you wonder what is the best skincare treatment for teenagers? Once you hit your teens, pimples and acne breakout comes knocking on your door. However, there is no need to worry. Did you know that 9 out of 10 teenagers have acne? Did you know that acne can be treated quickly especially among teenagers since their skin is very much resilient?
Here we are going to give answers to all of your burning questions about skincare for teenagers and tell you what are the most effective ways to take care of your skin.
Before we start it’s important to stress that good skincare in the teenage years is important in long run and it can prevent further skin problems in your adult years.
What is the Best Skincare for Teenage Skin?
The main rule for proper skincare starts with a good cleansing routine. You should aim to wash your face at least twice a day and it’s important to follow a good cleansing routine if you wear makeup. You can start with CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser for normal to oily skin and go from there.
The next step is – exfoliate your skin once a week! Teenage years are the best time to develop a habit of using exfoliating products. The right step here is to choose the right product for your skin. Exfoliating products will help you get rid of dead skin and reveal those fresh layers of the skin. If you use exfoliating products regularly this can prevent your pores from being clogged. Paulas Choice 2% BHA (Pimples and Blackheads) is one of the best exfoliating products on the market, but you should experiment with different ones to find the perfect match for your skin.
In the end, we would like to repeat – do not go to bed without washing your face. It doesn’t matter if you didn’t wear any makeup, your skin needs to be cleaned from the dirt it encounters during the day. If you forget to wash your face too many times, the dirt and bacteria will combine with excess oil and cause an acne breakout.
Which Face Cream is the Best for Teenagers?
Good moisturizing treatment and good-quality face cream will prevent your skin from becoming more irritated and dry. This is especially important if you are using acne treatments as they can leave your skin dry. Apply face cream the first thing in the morning and right before your go to bed and you will see results in your 50s and 60s.
It seems even counterintuitive to moisturize oily skin. However, the more you moisture your skin, the less your skin will make its own oil. Moisturizing helps your skin to self-regulate. Choose non-comedogenic and oil-free face cream with ceramides and niacinamide as ingredients. These ingredients will help you strengthen and repair your teenage skin.
Some experts recommend for teenagers use moisturizer first for quite some time before grabbing prescription acne treatments. Your skin should be strong to be able to fight off the irritation that acne treatments can cause.
How Do Teenagers Take Care of Their Skin?
So, what should you know more about skincare as a teenager? We already mentioned a few things that you should start with but here is more tips on how to take care of your skin.
- Avoid touching your skin frequently – wash your hands before you touch your face or before you start applying makeup. Every time you touch your face oil, dirt and bacteria are spreading around which can turn into a breakout.
- Avoid picking at your pimples – this can only spread the infection, cause further inflammation and skin damage.
- If you wear makeup make sure to check if your makeup habits have an impact on your skin. Make sure your brushes are clean and that you are using products that are gentle for your skin. Also, avoid sharing makeup with your friends (this is crucial for lip products and eye products since they can cause further and more serious issues).
- Watch your diet – a balanced diet rich in veggies and fruits will help your skin and overall health. Avoid oily and sugary foods if you have skin that can easily get irritated. Check if dairy products hurt your skin and try replacing them with almond milk. Make sure you eat a lot of avocados, nuts and salmon. Also, make sure you are drinking a lot of water. This is so much important for your body and your skin to stay hydrated.
- Healthy Lifestyle – this is the best time to embrace healthy habits. Any bad habits you might develop early on will be hard to get rid of once you get older while good habits will stay with you. Exercise, eat healthy food, have plenty of water and take a break from a busy schedule to enjoy doing things you like.
What is the Best Skincare for Teenage Acne?
No matter what you do, at some point, you will have acne. This is a completely normal part of growing up (it is an annoying part though). Acne breakout is inevitable so what do you do? Use spot treatment to reduce redness and inflammation. The most common spot treatment on the market is benzoyl peroxide and it is often cited as the best one on the market for teens. Ance.org 8 oz. treatment is a formula of 2.5% benzoyl peroxide and this spot treatment will help you fight the oil that gets clogged in your pores. Acne.org treatment dries quickly on your skin so you don’t have to worry about shiny acne on your face.
Let’s keep in mind that some products claim they have more than 2.5% of benzoyl peroxide but scientists have suggested that 2.5% is enough and it won’t lead to harmful side effects such as irritation of your skin and dryness.
Another thing that we have to mention is sunscreen. If you are spending a lot of time outdoors, you must use sunscreen. Make sure you use sunscreen of SPF at least 30 for the best protection.