Roses, with their impeccable beauty and fragrance can be one of the best flower choices for your garden. If you feel that roses are extremely hard to grow, that is not the case. All that you need to do is follow a set of viable guidelines to set up your garden easily and quickly.
Here are some easy guidelines that will help you set up a rose garden:
– In order to plant roses, you have to begin by preparing a wide hole of about 8 inches.
– Partially fill the hole with 2/3 of a rose planting mix and around 2 ounces of bone meal.
– Then you will have to gently place the rose plant in the hole. While doing this, ensure that the bud of the roses is at a proper ground level.
– Now, refill the entire soil balance with proper soil mixture. Pack the soil gently and leave a slight depression while doing so.
Apart from this you will also have to follow the below steps:
• Water the roses from time to time at the ground level.
• Use a fertilizer to fertilize the rose bush. This needs to be done as soon as the winter protection is removed during the spring season.
• The roses that grow around 2 inches tall should be pruned from time to time. Their branches should be cut in order to prevent any damages from ice.
There are many beautiful roses that can be planted in your garden:
Austin Rose – This rose comes in shrubs that are strong and resistant to disease. They bloom in old fashion masses and need proper winter protection.
Climbing Rose – These roses are characterized by large climbers. The climbing roses need support with the fences and arbors. The stems of these roses usually grow up to a height of 2.5m.
Hybrid tea roses – These roses are tall, strong and elegant. They are resistant to disease and produce both individual and masses of flowers.
…. and many more!