Super foods are essential for long, healthy living. However, many people think that most super foods are expensive. Especially when it comes to some stores, they feel like they have to pay more than what is workable for some on a budget. Nevertheless, that couldn’t be farther from the truth many times. Even different types of berries can be bought at reasonable prices for people on a budget, when they search for sales, obtain coupons, and keep checking with different supermarkets. And if you prefer to get another type of lettuce other than iceberg, you may be amazed of how reasonable you can purchase those types of lettuce and greens.
Other than that, there are plenty more super foods that could be purchased at affordable prices, and some are even unbelievably affordable. The following are some super foods that could purchased for great prices:
1. Lentils – an excellent source of fiber and protein, just like beans
2. Oats – a great source of fiber
3. Almond and peanut butters – great in lowering total and LDL cholesterol. It is also great as a snack for weight loss
4. Tea – black and green tea are full of antioxidants
5. White button mushrooms – budget friendly and contain Vitamin D which is great for calcium absorption
6. Oranges – Full of vitamin C and only 70 calories. It’s also has beta-carotene which boosts vision