Superfoods are essential for long, healthy living. However, many people think that most superfoods are expensive. Especially when it comes to some stores, they feel like they have to pay more than what is workable for some on a budget. Nevertheless, that couldn’t be farther from the truth many times. Even different types of berries can be bought at reasonable prices for people on a budget, when they search for sales, obtain coupons, and keep checking with different supermarkets. And if you prefer to get another type of lettuce other than the iceberg, you may be amazed at how reasonable you can purchase those types of lettuce and greens.
Other than that, there are plenty more superfoods that could be purchased at affordable prices, and some are even unbelievably affordable. The following are some superfoods that could be purchased for great prices:
- Lentils – an excellent source of fiber and protein, just like beans
- Oats– a great source of fiber
- Almond and peanut butters– great in lowering total and LDL cholesterol. It is also great as a snack for weight loss
- Tea– black and green tea are full of antioxidants
- White button mushrooms– budget-friendly and contain Vitamin D which is great for calcium absorption
- Oranges– Full of vitamin C and only 70 calories. It also has beta-carotene which boosts vision
Best Superfoods Powder
Superfood powder is the easiest way to add nutritionist into your diet at the desired amount. It’s great that you can find superfoods almost anywhere from delicious smoothies to supplements. In essence, superfoods are nutrient-dense foods that have countless health benefits. Superfood can help you detoxify your body, boost your immune system and increase the level of your energy.
Although superfoods powders seem to be like a modern new thing that’s far away from the truth. The superfood powders were used by indigenous cultures for thousands of years.
The main benefit of superfood powders is that you can add a large amount of nutrition to your daily diet. You can add them to your soup, baked goods, smoothies, or morning yogurt.
Here are some of the best superfood powders
- Superfood Turmeric – has great anti-inflammation benefits and it’s often used to relieve joint pain and arthritis.
- Hemp Protein Powder – plant-based and vegan protein that doesn’t contain any animal-based fillers. It can give your body a boost of iron and fiber.
- Moringa Powder – you can sprinkle moringa powder on your morning latte or in soup for cardiovascular health benefits like improving blood sugar level and blood pressure.
- Spirulina Powder – the blue-green algae powder is one of the most nutritious foods thanks to a great amount of plant-based proteins, manganese, iron, and zinc.
- Matcha Powder – rich in flavonoids and antioxidants; it can help you boost your metabolism, detoxify your body, calm the mind and burn calories. All in one!
Superfoods for Weight Loss
If you are trying to lose weight, superfoods must be included in your daily diet. Not only that superfood will give you very much-needed nutrients, but they will help you lose weight. So, what is the must on your table if you are trying to lose weight?
Here is Your List
1.Kale – kale has countless health properties as a great source of antioxidants, manganese, and vitamin C. If you are trying to lose weight kale is the best choice as it’s low in calories but high in fibers that will help you feeling fuller for a longer period of time. Add kale to your salad, or sauté with garlic as a side dish or add it to pasta.
- Berries – blueberries, blackberries or strawberries are rich in nutrients and delicious. Blueberries are rich in vitamin C, vitamin K and fiber. Berries in general can satisfy your sweet tooth with a few calories compared to others snacks and desserts high in sugar. Berries can be easily combined with smooths or as a topping for oatmeal. They are also a great snack on their own or with a fruit salad.
- Broccoli – Yes, your parents were right – you have to eat your broccoli (especially if you want to lose weight). Broccolis are rich in fibers, manganese, vitamins C and potassium. Multiple studies have shown that adding broccoli to your diet can aid in weight loss in a long run. You can easily add broccoli as a side dish in combination with lime juice and garlic or add broccoli to your pasta or salad. You can’t go wrong with broccoli.
- Chia Seeds – as you probably know, chia seeds are loaded with omega-3 fatty acids, magnesium, calcium, and manganese. Additionally, chia seeds are packed with fibers that absorb water and form a gel in your digestive tract. Researchers believe that consuming these types of fibers can lead to weight loss and body fat loss. Also, chia seeds are rich in protein which can reduce hunger and make you feel fuller for a longer period of time. You can add chia seeds to your smoothies or yogurts to enhance the texture and flavor.
Superfood Supplements You Need to Skip
Although supplements and powders are very popular lately, and many of them can boost our overall health, there are a few supplements that you need to skip.
1.Powdered Greens – Instead of reaching for powdered greens, go straight for the real superfoods which are rich in vitamins and omega-3 fatty acids. You are better off having actual greens and vegetables such as Brussels sprouts or cauliflower than powdered version. These superfoods can make your immune system stronger, reduce the risk of chronic diseases if you eat them regularly.
- Powdered Berries – As we mentioned, berries are extremely important to your overall health but instead of powdered berries reach for the real deal. Raspberry powders might be rich in antioxidants, but real berries contain a higher amount of these nutrients.
Sometimes, the real deal is a better option than powdered variation.